Middle school is a time when you are exposed to way too many changes. That sudden transition from a child to a teenager is a little difficult to digest which can make fitting in a little overwhelming. Among all the things you have to catch up with, looking good is definitely one of them. It is natural to be concerned with your appearance, to want to look your best, and to grab everyone’s attention. Now before you end up following the herd and looking like every other girl, take a look at some of the beauty tips we have put up here for girls in middle school.
Looking Naturally Beautiful in Middle School
Apart from the psychological effect entering middle school has on you, your body also undergoes a lot of changes. A lot of you may suddenly face acne outbursts, stretch marks on your arms if you happen to shoot up suddenly, and some of you may also start losing all that puppy fat you may have had. Being prepared for these changes will help you cope a little better. If you think you are ready, here are some great beauty tips for teenagers that will keep you looking naturally beautiful.
Pay Attention to your Skin
You have to take care of your skin because it is at a very tender stage. You must give it some daily nourishment with natural products so that you can use as less makeup as possible to look gorgeous. Try these methods to keep that skin glowing:
- Give your body a light olive oil massage daily. No, there’s no need to go ‘ew!’ or ‘gross!’ The idea is to keep your skin moisturized and elastic so that you are less prone to developing any blemishes or stretch marks as your body changes. You will have a beautiful body that you will love as you slowly blossom into a beautiful girl.
- If you have acne, make an effort to apply some aloe vera gel on your face daily. Not only does it help reduce those terrifying outbursts, it works as a natural sun protector. This means you will not develop as many freckles as you would have if you didn’t take care.
- At least twice a week, make a paste of 2 tablespoons gram flour, 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, and a few drops of lemon, and apply it on your face in the manner of a scrub. Allow it to remain for about 15-20 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. It reduces the growth of facial hair and keeps your skin clean and glowing. If possible, scrub your body with it at least once a week. Again, the growth of hair on the rest of your body will slowly reduce.
Don’t Forget Your Hair
The sooner you start taking care of your hair, the more manageable it will be later on. Again, you don’t have to resort to expensive chemically loaded products to keep your hair shining. Simple homemade hair care products will do the trick for you.
- Oil your hair with olive oil at least twice a week, and leave it on for a minimum of half an hour before you shower. Massage your scalp thoroughly, and coat your hair lightly with oil from root to tip. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. It keeps the scalp clean and the hair free of split ends or dryness.
- Those of you who have oily hair should use a mild shampoo without any heavy chemicals, and follow up the wash with a rinse of the juice of one lemon diluted with one cup of water. This will keep your hair looking soft and beautiful. Use the lemon rinse twice a week. Don’t overdo it as lemon has bleaching properties and can lighten the color of your hair.
- Don’t keep brushing your hair. If you are prone to having an oily scalp, your hair will look flat after brushing it. If you have dry hair, it will become more frizzy if you keep brushing it.
- Use as less hair accessories as possible. These weaken your beautiful locks and break hair strands very easily.
Hair & Make Up Tips for Girls in Middle School
Obviously, this is probably the part you’ve been waiting for the most. Ideally, girls in middle school should not apply make up because skin at this age is very sensitive. However, if you must, then here are some tips to keep handy. Remember to first try these tips at home over the weekend with the help of your mom. If they suit you, go ahead and wear your best look at school.
- Apply a coat of clear lip gloss for that shine on your lips. If you can avoid it, try applying a flavored lip balm. It adds color, gloss, and keeps your lips protected.
- For the eyes, apply a very thin line of eye liner. To add volume to your lashes, preferably use a clear mascara rather than the black one. It just clumps up and looks terrible by the end of the day. If you want to wear eye shadow, use only a pale color. Don’t go overboard with the blues and greens just yet. Apply a light stroke of kohl to define your eyes.
- Use a mild moisturizer on your face based on your skin type, and keep away from the foundation. If you want that clear glow, use a tinted moisturizer that offers sun protection instead.
- As mentioned earlier, try and use minimal hair accessories. It is although alright to use these every once in a while. Based on your attire, you can tie your hair into a neat pony tail and keep the top dotted with simple colorful clips. Otherwise, you can leave your hair open and wear a nice and simple hair band for a stylish look. Braid your hair every once in a while; it looks absolutely charming.
- Remember to clear up your make up before you go to bed. It is a must irrespective of your skin type. Use a mild moisturizer before sleeping.
- Use a good antiperspirant to keep smelling fresh all day.
So far so good. Before you decide that only make up can make you look great, remember, at the end of the day, it is the simple and natural beauty that is most appreciated. Yes, you are at an age when you want to try everything new, and no one is stopping you from doing that. Just remember to keep these skin and hair care tips in mind, and you will glow even without all those products. Try them out and see how you stand out from the rest of the crowd.