So, it was my best friend’s wedding last month, and all I was going bonkers about was what dress to wear on the big day. Yeah, I know that it’s the bride and the groom everyone focuses upon, but it doesn’t mean that the guests aren’t laid importance to. What was more, those extra pounds that limited my wardrobe to clothes tagged with only XXL frowned me to the core. Don’t you hate it when you pick a sexy dress from a showroom but it just refuses to fit you? Well, there are a number of options available today for plus size dresses to wear to a wedding. I am here for you to help you out choosing trendy and chic plus size dresses to wear to a wedding, that look stunning and are capable of kicking the heat up a notch!
- How to Choose Plus Size Dresses to Wear to a Wedding?
- What are the Options within Plus Size Dresses?
A wide range of beautiful women’s plus size formals adorn designer showrooms, making it easy for the ladies to dress according to the occasion. Plus size formals may include dark and plain colored gowns which look extremely elegant. Another option for the full-blossomed lassies is A-line dresses. Going up to the knee with flares that start above the belly, these dresses make a ‘T’ along the length, and are are most commonly used by fuller ladies for various occasions, since the flabby tummy and bulky thighs in this pattern are not prominent. Floral prints, polka dots, or plain texture is a great choice to wow the special event. Plus size gowns, particularly, empire waist gowns are considered to be one of the most preferred attires by fuller-figured women because of its chic and elegant look that conceals the disappointing belly fat and large thighs. Also, dresses with a V-neckline give a sleeker look to the ladies who’re aspiring for a slimmer frame appearance. Truly, plus size clothing has appeared to be a bliss for damsels who are always puzzled about what kind of plus size dresses to wear at a wedding that would elegantly style their curves.
- What are the Do’s and Don’ts?
Ladies, stealing the show in a wedding isn’t a tough nut to crack if you know what kind of dress to opt for. Here are some do’s and don’ts about choosing the correct plus size wedding dress pattern that will save you from creating a mockery of yourself:
* Remember, the most important thing is to choose the dress that fits, and not the one that reveals all bulges in your body.
* Do not go for horizontal strips. Instead, pick up dresses with vertical strips which will create an illusion that you’re slimmer.
* Belts are an essential part of any dress as they divide the body into two halves, thus, making the waist look smaller.
* Heels! Do not forget them at all. No matter how tall you are, wearing heels will elongate your legs, thereby, adding that graceful feel as you walk.
* Last but not the least, keep it simple. Do not go for multi-colored outfits. Dressing in a single color will help stretching your silhouette.
So what if you’re slightly outside the parameters of those size-zero models sloshed all over the fashion fraternity? If you want wedding dresses which are chic and trendy, the fashion mongers are ready with a huge variety of cheap plus size dresses to wear to a wedding. Hiding those curves under saggy outfits won’t serve you much. So, miss no opportunity to show off your appealing figure with the knack of killing all by your style of setting the stage on fire!