Apple cider vinegar is one of the age old remedies used for treating various ailments. It is said that the famous ancient Greek physician Hippocrates had used this product as a remedy for various ailments. Apple cider vinegar is claimed to be good for weight loss, for combating body odor, improving digestion, for bad breath, diabetes, fatigue, for boosting immune system, etc. This article deals with the various apple cider vinegar benefits for skin.
Apple Cider VinegarThere are various types of vinegar that are used for various purposes. Apple cider vinegar is a natural vinegar and is attributed with various health benefits. Organic apple cider vinegar is made through the fermentation of crushed organic apples in wooden barrels. Unlike the artificial vinegars, this one is very rich in various minerals and trace elements like, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon, etc.
Mature apple cider vinegar has a rich brown color and has a web-like foam made by bacteria. It is said that natural apple cider vinegar with this ‘mother’ foam is rich in minerals and enzymes and are found to have health benefits. Other distilled and refined versions of apple cider vinegar may not be as healthy as the former. So, it is claimed that if you want to reap apple cider vinegar benefits, then you must use the natural organic version. Let us take a look at the various apple cider vinegar benefits for skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin
As mentioned above, apple cider vinegar has a wide range of health benefits that includes those related to natural skin care. This vinegar is used for ingestion as well as topical application, so as to get relief from various skin conditions and other health problems. The following are some of the apple cider vinegar benefits for skin.
* One of the popular health benefits of apple cider vinegar is its effectiveness in treating acne. It is said that the anti bacterial properties of this vinegar is effective in countering acne. Being a disinfectant and detoxifier, apple cider vinegar benefits for acne, by cleaning the skin pores and removing excess oil and bacteria. Apple cider vinegar acne treatment includes topical application (diluted version) on the skin. This reduces the swelling and relapse of acne.
* Apple cider vinegar is claimed to be effective in treating age spots that are otherwise known as liver spots. These discolored patches appear on the skin as people age. It is said that oral intake of apple cider vinegar, along with topical application helps to fade age spots.
* Apple cider vinegar benefits for skin include its use in treating nail fungus. In order to achieve this, topical application of this vinegar is recommended.
* It is also said to be useful in treating insect bites. Topical application of apple cider vinegar is beneficial for reducing the inflammation and other related symptoms. The same applies for skin allergies too.
* Some people use apple cider vinegar for cellulite reduction. In this case, apple cider vinegar is added to the massage oil (one part oil and three parts vinegar). This solution has to be massaged on those parts with cellulite.
In short, apple cider vinegar benefits for skin are numerous. While many people vouch for the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar as a remedy, but so far no study has been conducted to prove the same. In other words, there is no scientific backing to support these claims. So, it is always better to seek the opinion of your doctor before using apple cider vinegar for medicinal purposes. Moderate use of this product for culinary purposes is all right, but apple cider vinegar side effects may happen in case of excess consumption.